Social media is one of the most powerful ways to market in today’s business world. Platforms innovate and evolve constantly, so it is important to stay on top of the trends and innovations. Furthermore, with the right approach you can turn platforms into opportunities! This includes, building brand awareness, identifying prospects, turning them into customers, and— ultimately—boosting your bottom line. Because each platform is so unique, you also want to know what is best to post on each. However, there are some overall tips and guidelines to help your social media marketing campaigns running effectively and efficiently.
Remember these six basic points:
- Who, What, How. Know your goals and the audience you need to reach to achieve those goals.
- Go Where Your Customers Are. Use the social media platforms that your audience frequents most. This can be found out through market and consumer research.
- Content is King. Give users fresh, timely content with real value (education, news, savings, etc.) that both relates to them and to your brand. Remember, the more relevant your message is to your audience, the more likely they will share, therefore creating a wider scope of the message.
- Be Social. Interact. Post questions, quizzes and contests. Reward users for sharing or liking your post by sharing and liking theirs. Respond to comments and complaints in a timely manner.
- Optimize. Take advantage of email marketing, paid search, and SEO (search engine optimization) best practices to get more return from your posts.
- Track Your Progress. Choose KPIs and metrics to measure success, evaluate how your campaigns are doing frequently, and make changes as needed.
To learn more about how social media can enhance your marketing strategy, contact us today.