The second week of June was National Email Week. Email is an especially effective marketing medium, and one you should absolutely be taking advantage of for your business. In fact, here’s seven impressive email marketing stats to help you celebrate National Email Week, with tips!
1. About 53% of emails are opened on mobile devices1
TIP: Design your emails with a mobile-experience in mind, including linking through to mobile-friendly landing pages.
2. Segmented and targeted emails generate 58% of all revenue2
TIP: Don’t just blast out your message to anyone on your list. Have a reason for sending your message to a particular user. It could be based on past purchases, or you could work with a partner to target opt-in subscribers with a relevant message.
3. Email has the highest conversion rate compared to social, direct mail and more3
TIP: Many of these mediums actually work quite well together. Create an email-centric campaign that’s supported by a smaller social media or display retargeting component to reinforce your message.
4. Including a call-to-action button instead of a text link can increase conversion rates by as much as 28%4
TIP: When designing your email, make sure to develop a layout that’s conducive to including a button for the primary action you want the user to take (ex: “Register Today” or “Shop Now”).
5. More site visitors buy something from email marketing (4.24%) than from search engines (2.49%) or social media (0.59%)5
TIP: Make sure your email marketing message includes an incentive for the user to act. It could be a limited time offer, free shipping, an exclusive discount, etc.
6. 68% of Americans say they base their decision to open an email on the “From” name6
TIP: Customize this field with a name your recipients will recognize and trust to increase open rates. You can use your brand name, the name of the business owner, or a person they’re used to interacting with.
7. Email marketing has an ROI of 3800%7
TIP: Incorporate email marketing as a core component of your marketing efforts. Furthermore, while a 3800% ROI is likely unattainable by many businesses lacking the time and resources to manage their own campaigns effectively, working with a skilled digital partner like MassLive Media can drive excellent ROI for your business.
Need some help implementing a revenue-generating email marketing strategy? We can help!