Ad Specifications for Advertisers/Agencies providing Creative
HTML5 displays across all devices, unlike older creative formats such as Flash. It is the industry best practice for non-static creative and may include animation, video, multiple click throughs, widgets and other custom user interactions.
We prefer to either build original creative or follow a provided design layout to produce HTML5 ad tags to ensure ads meet ad server specifications so there is no delay with the campaign flight or error in campaign reporting. If you would like us to follow your provided layout, please include original files or assets. We will mimic your layout and user experience to the extent allowed by ad specs and our HTML5 design technology.
We can accept provided HTML5 ad tags (Doubleclick, for example) as long as ads are built to ad server specs outlined in this guide. This means that the provided tag must be SSL compliant and site-ready to serve as is. Any creative, CSS or other file references need to be hard-coded and hosted by the third party. Tags must be built with click-tracking and impression macros so that we can track and optimize for our ad servers. We cannot be responsible for tracking code, creative edits nor trouble shooting in third-party provided ad tags.
Mobile Apps – HTML5 ads are accepted on mobile apps. HTML5 creative for in-app must be MRAID formatted.
Responsive Rich Media (RRM) is HTML5 creative that includes video or expansion.
In-Banner Video (IBV) is HTML5 creative that plays video delivered inside of the display ad creative for a given placement rather than initiating the use of a native video player.
If providing creative components for expandable responsive rich media or in banner video ads, please adhere to the following:
- If possible, we prefer original, editable design files with links and fonts: Adobe PSD, INDD, Al.
- Ad creative/background should be sized per ad unit dimension at the proper proportion, 72 minimum or higher, formats: PSD, JPG, PNG, PDF.
- Any individual buttons/images intended to animate should be saved with a transparent background: 150px, formats: PNG, PDF, Al, EPS.
- We will build the expandable ad in our ad design platform where we combine the background creative, video (if included), links for buttons, expanded ad animation, and more.
- Ad must expand on click or countdown on hover and audio must be user initiated.
If providing video, we’ll need:
- The original video file as MOV, or MP4
- 30 seconds is max video length
- Frame rate: 24fps
- Aspect Ratios: 16:9, 4:3, and 6:5