To better understand the true impact of coronavirus on our local economies, Advance Media New York, MassLive Media Group and PA Media Group partnered with Drive Research to dive into consumer behavior related to COVID-19.
The goal of the study was to gain a true, real time understanding of how COVID-19 was impacting the local business communities in NY, MA and PA. With this study we dug in deep to see how people are feeling, where they were spending, how they were spending their time and what their vision is for a post quarantine world.
The study surveyed over 1,200 people to determine their sentiment related to COVID-19, time spent with media, consumer spending and more. Below are some highlights from the study.
- “Bored” was the most common feeling associated with COVID-19 quarantine
- 1:2 respondents believe that quarantine will last into July or later
- 97% of respondents were most concerned with the economic impact of COVID-19
- Streaming and social media usage has increased since the start of COVID-19 quarantine
- Grocery is the category seeing the most consumer spend during COVID-19 quarantine
- Nearly 2:3 respondents believe employers will be more open to work from home options
If you’re interested in learning more about the study, please provide your information below to access the full presentation and audio recording. We hope that this information gives you insights, provides some peace of mind and helps you look toward a bright future that is hopefully right around the corner.
Additionally, if you are in need of marketing services to help you stay relevant now, well helping to prepare for the re-opening to come, please reach out to email@example.com. One of our marketing experts will work with you to develop custom strategies to help you kickstart your business.