You may have noticed some cosmetic changes to LinkedIn’s site recently, but there have also been some significant changes to their features and marketing capabilities. LinkedIn has introduced user capabilities to help advertisers target customers, gain leads, and grow their audience.
Let’s take a look at some of these changes and additions.
- LinkedIn Matched Audiences- When using targeted ads, you can now target your audience by categories such as company, skills, industry, and title. You can also retarget your website visitors or your email contacts.
- Lead Gen Forms – Now when LinkedIn members click on an ad to get more information, the form will automatically be filled out from their profile. This provides an effective way for your business to generate leads with detailed and accurate information.
- LinkedIn Video – LinkedIn tested the video waters earlier this year opening the 30 second video option to a hand selected group of influencers. As of late August, all LinkedIn users can post videos, via LinkedIn’s iOS or Android mobile app, to showcase their products, brand and the work they do. With the 80% of internet traffic predicted to be video by 2019, this is an important shift marketers need to take with their digital strategy.
- Sponsored InMail – Everyone can now receive sponsored InMail, however they can only receive a total of one every 60 days. This increases the likelihood of targeted sponsored mail being seen, and getting the reader’s attention.
- Profile Visibility – User’s profiles will now be shown to other users and recruiters, using third-party data. This will help create new opportunities for connection with highly visible profiles.
- Recruiter Attention – Users can now go to the LinkedIn jobs page and update their preferences so that recruiters and companies can see that they are interested in job prospects. Just go to jobs page > update preferences > switch the “I Am Interested” toggle to on.
- LinkedIn Playbook – There are over 13 million Company Pages on LinkedIn, which all rank highly in searches. Utilizing all of these new tools will be critical for you to get the most out of marketing and advertising on LinkedIn, but it is hard to always know what is available, and what you need to be doing to get to the top of LinkedIn search results. For this reason, LinkedIn has released their LinkedIn Company Pages Playbook, a tool that you can use to create your LinkedIn strategy with knowledge about the many tools and offerings to put more spotlight on your company page.
Advertising on social media platforms is a key strategy for any company in this digital age. Contact us to see how we can help you reach customers across the web.
By MassLive Media Marketing